Only about 9 more days in Florida and then we’re going to go off to NJ. Today we’re gonna go and visit Bliz’s friend and stay in her town for a few days before we leave. uwu
I’m really eager to go to NJ ‘cause then I can finally start working and making money. I’m literally at less than $100 and it’s been making me so anxious i fucking hate having no money at all.
I hope NJ is niceeee
If you’re blue and you dont know where to go to why dont you go to Wallmart
(im an idiot)
this is the most important video on the tumblrMy favorite part is the lady in the background NOT NOTICING ANYTHING
that lady is my mother and 1000% used to my bullshit.
The person in this video is sexy as fuck and my heart has been stolen
I think people need to realize that it’s okay to like stuff and not have a deep reason for it
You can like a character because they’re cute, not because you identify with them
You can like a ship because you think they look good together, not because of a deep emotional bond
You can like a song because it’s catchy, not because of the meaningful lyrics
If you like it that’s okay, you don’t have to have deep reason or meaning behind it
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
I actually agree with the first post and I feel like the second person there is throwing around important-sounding words to defend people who like to hate others and over-generalize.
I’m saying this because I can tell it’s an unpopular opinion and honestly I want one of my friends to talk to me about this??? I honestly don’t understand why people like the second poster here have opinions like this and how it can be deemed fair and rational.
I agree with the second poster, but I don’t think they’re trying to defend people who “like to hate on others” and “over generalize” but rather their right to be able to express frustration over majority groups that have a track record of committing wrong. Like, for example, even though not all straight people are homophobic, most homophobic people are straight. (Those that are not straight are likely homophobic because of teachings and bigotry BY straight people.) It’s fair for queer people to be wary of straight people as a whole as they are the majority group likely to harm them simply for not being straight.
Anonymous asked: I feel so useless sitting here. What can I do to help Ferguson??
national moment of silence 2014 (for victims of police brutality)
share the following:
Ferguson Police Department
Email (taken off the site)
222 S. Florissant Road
Ferguson, MO 63135
***SIGNAL BOOST!!!!WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE***
LITERALLY how can this petition possibly still be struggling to break 70k signatures?? are you against more measures to keep cops from killing black people in the streets? in their own homes? please signal boost this petition to all your social media sites.
This is the petition literally:
"Petitioning President Barack Obama: Please Enact New Federal Laws to Protect Citizens from Police Violence and Misconduct"
Signal boost the shit out of this.
watch this link please now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not just like this, reblog it and watch it, they need witnesses, the police need to know they are being watched and that black lives fucking matter
Help the fight against police brutality!
You should definitely do this, but please be safe and knowledgeable about it! Here are some resources for how to safely film/photograph police brutality, as well as information on YOUR rights as you do so:
Please be aware that different states have different laws on the matter. Check into them so you can know you specific laws, and what to expect if you film the police. Also check with your state’s chapter of the ACLU; many of them have tips on this matter, and some have pocket foldouts of your rights that you can use to convince the police that no, you aren’t doing anything wrong.
There’s an app by the New Jersey ACLU called Police Tape that not only lets you record video and audio discreetly, but the data is backed up in the ACLU servers, meaning you will retain a copy of the recording should your phone be confiscated or destroyed.
Despite the laws in some states, The Supreme Court says you have the right to record police, and so does the Department of Justice.
I’d appreciate if you reblogged this, to get the word out.
I’m making Bliz work for their next slice of pizza!!!
You Aren’t Boring I Just Suck At Conversations I’m Sorry: a novel by me
I’m Not Ignoring You I Just Don’t Know What To Say: a sequel by me
I Feel Like I have Nothing Interesting To Say So I Don’t Say Anything At All And I’m Really Sorry Don’t Stop Talking To Me: the trilogy.
It Has Been A Long Time Since I Talked To You And I Feel Uncomfortable Saying Anything Now Please Talk To Me First: The Spinoff Series by me